At Jones Swanson, we’ve put together a team of attorneys with a wide array of interests and backgrounds—not only in litigation, but also in science, government service, international relations and business. We enjoy working on big, complex cases that involve multiple claims, and we’ve built our reputation by winning them.
From our home office in New Orleans, we’ve successfully opposed some of the world’s most powerful companies. We’ve represented entrepreneurs when big corporations tried to steal their ideas. We’ve represented the City of New Orleans in a dispute with the world’s largest financial firm. After the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster, we obtained a temporary restraining order against BP to protect the claims of local fishermen, and we worked with other law firms to file a motion to compel BP to set aside $20 billion in an escrow fund for potential commercial claimants—which BP did after our motion was filed, and before it was even heard in court. We also obtained a consent decree to protect sea turtles in the oil spill area.
Jones Swanson often collaborates with other law firms, as we’ve found this approach to be an extremely effective way to serve our clients. In 2016, we decided to create an alliance with the New Orleans-based Fishman Haygood, when we launched a joint practice in international arbitration.
Even as our practice expands worldwide, however, we continue to value our work and relationships in Louisiana, where our firm started, and where we are all active members of the community.
Jones Swanson by the numbers
- 10 attorneys
- 6 states and 2 countries of origin
- $150+ million in awards for clients
- 1 US News & World Report “Best Law Firms in Louisiana” first-tier ranking, 2017
- 1 former Executive Counsel to the Governor of Louisiana
- 5 university lecturers
- 12 board memberships
- 1 wildlife scientist
- 1 chemical and microbiological scientist
- 1 former U.S. Air Force captain
- 1 published author of short fiction and essays
- 9 parents of 17 active children
- 1 New Orleans CityBusiness Woman of the Year, 2016